- The Federal Open Market Committee did not raise interest rates yesterday but not for the lack of confidence in the economy. The FOMC wants further confirmation that everyone is benefiting from the employment growth.
- A separate report says that California leads the nation in economic output, with the San Jose metro area growing at the fastest pace in the nation in 2015, an impressive 8.9 percent. The Bay Area follows closely, with 5.8 percent annual growth.
- Tech-heavy metro areas are seeing the fastest economic growth in the nation.
- The Bay Area is one the most attractive places for businesses, due to talent, knowledge, and the spillover effects of the tech industry (not to mention the weather).
- Three of the five largest U.S. companies by market valuation are located in the Bay Area.
- California’s economy is poised for strong growth, though addressing the housing affordability conundrum is critical.